12/08/2007

Why does a herniated or bulging disc cause neck pain?

Our cervical traction neck pillow often helps individuals who experience neck pain associated with numbness and tingling into the arms and the hands. In particular when a person has a bulging or herniated disc in the cervical spine, pressure is put on the cervical spine nerves. The cervical traction neck pillow puts the proper c curve in your spine when you are sleeping, taking the pressure off of your spine, thereby decreasing the symptoms related to a herniated disc. We received this testimonial from a neck pain sufferer:

"This pillow is fabulous. I had neck pain with tingling radiating down my arm to my index finger. (Obviously a bulging cervical disk/pinched nerve.) To treat myself, I stopped my usual exercise routines for awhile to let myself heal, took anti-inflammatories for a couple of weeks, bought this pillow and the books "Treat Your Own Neck Pain" and "Treat Your Own Back Pain." Long and short, I was 100% better after a few weeks without the huge expenditure of time and money required for treatment by doctors or physical therapists. A few months later, and I'm still pain free and have no physical restrictions whatsoever.

I have to wonder if the people who found the pillow uncomfortable did not follow the directions that say to ease into using it by gradually increasing the time of use. I, too, found it a bit uncomfortable at first, but that quickly passed by using it as directed. I'm still using it now b/c I'm such a believer. It provides light cervical traction while lying on your back (with an optional simple neck support if you turn it around). Better yet (at least for me), for long term use, it provides perfect support for your neck when sleeping on either side so long as you move to the proper position on the pillow as indicated by the directions.

I split my time between the US and Europe, and this pillow always goes with me. It's one of the best purchases I've made.

cervical traction neck pillow
Cervical Traction Neck Pillow from Arc4life.com




Cost of Neck Pillow: $49.95
Shipping: Fedex: $10.90 (ships within 24 days)
Special Christmas Holiday Discount 5 dollars off: Use discount code 5OffCLT
Color: White
Dimensions: 23”x15”x3”
Weight: 1.5 lbs
Shipping Weight: 3.6 lbs
Fits: Standard Pillow Case
Indications: Neck Pain, neck stiffness, pinched nerve in neck, sore neck, disc herniation in neck, bulging disc in neck, military neck, loss of cervical curve, Cervical Brachial Syndrome, Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Disc, Cervical Degeneration, Neck Fusion, Cervical Sprain, Cervical Strain, Whiplash, Neck Injury
Shipping Method: Fedex Ground
To order the Cervical Traction Neck Pillow: Click Here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin