9 Habits To De-Cluttering Your Mind & Living A More Peaceful, Productive Life -
- Control Your Mind. This may sound difficult, but it's easier than you think. No pun intended! One of the pioneers of the self-help revolution, Napoleon Hill, said in his best selling book, Think and Grow Rich, thoughts are things and we become our dominant thought. Nothing could be more true. Problem is, most people concentrate on the negative all of the time... So that's what becomes their reality. Before you go to bed each night, take a few minutes to write down what you are going to (not want to) accomplish the next day. And then take a moment to actually feel what it will be like once you have accomplished those things. Soak in that feeling.
- Practice THIS: Once a day find a quiet spot where you can relax for a few minutes. Then try to NOT THINK. Now this is HARDER than it sounds. Our minds are constantly buzzing. The key here is this: You will have one thought followed by the next thought and so on. Try to extend the time in between thoughts. In other words, try to enter into that "gap" in between your thoughts and make that "gap" last as long as you can. Some call this meditation. Others call it calming your mind. Whatever you call it - it takes practice and can have positive effects on your life.
- Identify what's important. Things either lead towards your goals or away from them. Most of us spend most of our time doing things that don't lead us to our goals. Make a list of the things that are really important to you and then make a conscious effort to ONLY DO THOSE THINGS. Stop wasting your time on the things that lead you away from where you want to go.
- Eliminate. Now that you've identified what is important, you can identify what's not essential. What things in your life are not truly necessary or important to you? What are you thinking about right now that's not on your short list? By eliminating as many of these things as possible, you can get a bunch of junk off your mind.
- Evaluate how much sleep you are getting. Once again, most of us do not get enough sleep and when we do sleep, the patterns are all messed up. For example, do you sleep later on weekends than the rest of the work week? Make getting the proper amount and quality of sleep a HUGE priority in your life.
- Take a walk.Getting outside and doing some kind of physical activity is a great way to get stuff off your mind. Spending some physical energy clears the mind.
- Cut back on TV. Some call the television the "idiot box." It's probably true. People are watching it more and more instead of reading or doing other activities. Television can "stir up" your brain. Cut down on the hours you watch and you will probably have a calming effect on your mind.
- Just forget it! We all hold grudges and stew over things we can't change or control. The key is practicing the ability to simply let go and instantly forget the things we can't do anything about. Once again, it's not easy, but it may add years to your life through stress reduction. Clean up your surroundings. Clean and organize you home, car and work area. The subconscious mind picks up on everything. If a cluttered mess surrounds you, your thoughts will become a cluttered mess too. Remember, thoughts become things.
-In this Issue-
- Article - How To Boost Memory In Just 6 Minutes?
Does Lack Of Sleep Cause Diabetes? And Does The Earth Really Revolve Around The Sun?
- Inspirational quote-
- Health Tip of the month- 9 Habits To De-Cluttering Your Mind & Living A More Peaceful, Productive Life
- Testimonial of the month - Cervical Traction Posture Pump Neck Stretcher
- Featured product -Cervical Tractioning for your Neck- A system for neck pain relief
April Sale: $15 off on Cervical Pillow+ Posture Pump + FREE BIOFREEZE 4 oz tube
*** Use Discount Code Arc4Life15 Expires 04/31/2008
April 2008 | March 2008| February 2008 | January 2008 | December 2007 | November 2007 | October 2007 | August 2007 | July 2007
Contact Us | Join our eNewsletter for FREE | Arc4life Home Page
Visit us at Arc4life.com