9/18/2008

THE BENEFIT OF HAVING A HANDY ICE PACK AND HEAT PACK

,Arc4life Hot and Cold Packs hold the cold and the heat in for long periods of time. Another great benefit is that the gel is flexible and soft. You can sit against it, lie on it, drape it over your shoulder, you name it.
Having that ice pack or hot pack ready to go when you need it is a big benefit. I still remember when I was younger, coming home from practice or a game. It’s inevitable something was hurting or an older injury was acting up. I put ice in a bag and wrapped it around my arm or leg with a towel. The ice would melt in 15 minutes making a big mess if the bag did not seal good. And when it was sealed fine I would put it in the freezer and it would freeze as a big solid block, unable to use really.
For a hot pack I would run a cloth under hot water burning my hands doing so or burning them when I rung out the towel. Not to mention it would only stay warm for about 3 mintues so I would repeat the whole process. What a pain- literally.
Now with newer advanced gel packs things are so much simpler. You can just leave the ice pack in the freezer and take it out whenever you need it. Thaw it and put it in the microwave for minute you’ve got a hot pack. I leave one Dual Comfort hot/cold pack in the freezer and leave one in the cabinet. This way I always have a cold pack ready to go and the hot pack is ready in just 1 minute.
Best of all, it holds the cold and the heat in for long periods of time. So I don’t have to freeze or scald my hands every few minutes or worry about making a mess and soaking our couch with water.
Another great benefit is that the gel is flexible and soft. You can sit against it, lie on it, drape it over your shoulder, you name it.
We’ve come a long way from that hard block that you don’t have to hold against the back of your neck or burning yourself with a hot cloth to get some pain relief and relaxed muscles. Go to Arc4life for more information on heat and ice therapy.

Visit Arc4life.com for your online selection of cervical support neck pillows, orthopedic pain relief products and Home traction units

Add to Technorati Favorites Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

Stumble It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin