- Drinking a glass of warm milk can be helpful, because it contains tryptophan, an amino acid.
- Avoid having any caffeine in the 2nd half of the day
- Regular physical activity will help, but don't do it just before going to bed
- Do Relaxation techniques before going to bed
- Do some journal writing before going to bed. Sometimes we are unable to sleep because we cannot get certain things and ideas out of head. Write them down before going to bed, it can make a big difference and clear your head
- Avoid eating or drinking excessive water 2.5 hours before going to bed
- Avoid taking naps during the day
Some people can fall asleep so easily..for others it takes some time. It can fustrating especially because getting proper sleep at night determines how well we perform at our jobs, our alertness, our moods- so it is vitally important we do everything we can to get a good nights sleep.
Visit us on the web at Arc4life.com