1. Spondylosis – This is a term used synonymously with degeneration. So if you have cervical spondylosis you simply have degeneration. Arthritis is degeneration. To date there really is no known cure but keeping mobile, eating right and maintaining your spine health prevent and slow the degeneration process.
2. Spondylolisthesis - is when one spinal vertebrae shifts forward or back on the vertebrae below it. Often times is it is mild or degenerative in nature (vs from a trauma) it is stable and doesn’t necessarily cause a major problem. Neck traction and keeping your neck posture good help maintain your spine health and prevent this from occurring.
3. Subluxation – This is a misalignment of the spine. A spondylolithesis as well as a kyphosis are subluxations. A Vertebral Subluxation if left uncorrected will often continue to cause nerve pressure leading to symptoms of pain or something more serious depending on how severe it is and how long it’s been there. Seeing your chiropractor and maintaining your posture will make the biggest difference.
4. Kyphosis – A cervical kyphosis is a reversal of the normal neck curve. Instead of the normal “C” curve of the neck it would be back wards. This can put severe pressure on nerves and even tension the spinal cord. The spinal cord is in it’s normal relaxed state in proper alignment but when you straiten or reverse the normal “C” alignment it stesses the vertebral column and spinal cord. Neck traction is a must, as it helps you to get the proper alignment (in the neck or lower back).
The cervical linear traction neck pillow is what I would recommend at home also to supplement any other treatments or methods you might be currently using to correct or prevent the above neck conditions.
Additional Reading Resources:
- I was told I have a cervical Kyphosis?
- The Hidden Cause of the Morning Stiff Neck
- The Normal Cervical Curve in the Neck
- End Neck Pain By Improving Posture: An Ezine Article
- How to Do a Cervical Traction Protocol At Home
Visit Arc4life.com for your online selection of cervical support neck pillows, orthopedic pain relief products and Home traction units. Products for pain relief.
Bookmark this on Delicious