There may be many causes for someone’s lack of sleep. One major issue can be stress and yoga can help relax you. Here are some yoga poses I feel can help someone calm their nerves and get more relaxing, better sleep:
- Forward Bends- standing and seated: Sit or stand and extend arms and head down toward floor.
- Child’s Pose: Similar to a cat stretch with your forehead touching the floor or surface you are on.
- Nighttime Goddess Stretch: Lying supine with your arms and legs out. Legs in a diamond shape; bottoms of feet together.
- Inverted Poses: Lie supine with buttocks close to wall and your legs raised up against the wall.
Additional Reading Resources
- Having Solid Core Muscles can have Multiple Health Benefits
- Sleep Like A baby and Wake Up Feeling Refreshed
- Choose the Right Neck Pillow For Comfort and Support
- Sleep Deprivation and How it Affects More than your Mind
- The Queen of Neck Pillows- Expert Advice on Getting a Good Nights Sleep with the right Pillow