Just Joking! This is just a term that has popped up in recent years due to all the "techies" or "technology geeks". Guess what, we all are a bit techie these days. Everywhere I turn I see an iphone! My mother, who is actually a grandma too, does text messaging... That being said, we all have an opportunity to get "teck-neck" when we're looking down all day texting.
You might say, "I don't text"! But do you use a laptop, do you use a cell phone at all, do you use a tablet? That constant head down posture can lead to strain.
Additional Reading Resources:
- New Study Shows that Texting Can Be a Pain in the Neck
- Working on the Computer All Day Long...as a graphic designer with neck pain
- Choose the Best Neck Pillow
- Neck Posture | Neck Traction | How to the have the best alignment
- Components of a Comfortable Workstation: No Neck Pain or Stiff Neck
Bookmark this on Delicious
Like Us on Facebook