Why is getting good deep sleep at night so important?
A Harvard based report states 75% of us get less than 6 sleep hours at least a few nights per week, which over the short haul, is not a problem, but NOT so in the long haul! They go on to list “Six reasons not to scrimp on sleep:”
- Learning and memory – “memory consolidation” occurs better after we sleep when learning new tasks (and tests scores reflect the difference);
- Weight and metabolism – chronic sleep problems can cause weight gain by altering the way our body processes and stores carbohydrates and by altering the hormones that affect appetite;
- Safety – increased fatigue = a greater tendency to fall asleep during the day, which can be catastrophic (car accidents, industrial accidents, etc.);
- Mood – the lack of sleep can increase irritability, impatience, concentration loss and moodiness;
- Cardiovascular health – serious sleep loss has been linked to hypertension, increased stress hormone levels, and irregular heartbeat; Heart health is a very important part of sound deep sleep.
- Disease – alters immune function and may help fight cancer.
Importance of Sleep : Six reasons not to scrimp on sleep
Picture Source: columbusinternetandwebmarketingblog.com
- When Lack of Sleep Can Be Deadly
- The Cost of Not Getting A Good Nights Sleep
- How to Get Restful SleepWhen you are suffering with neck pain
- Which Neck Pillow is Right for my needs
- How to put your baby to sleep in 20 Seconds! The miracle mothers have been praying for.
Visit Arc4life.com for your online selection of cervical support neck pillows, orthopedic pain relief products and Home traction units. Products for pain relief. Bookmark this on Delicious Stumble It!
Post a Comment